Targeting Your Cover Letter
Writing a Good Covering Letter
Open doors with an engaging
Considered as important as a resume, CV, or job application, a good cover letter lets you be in charge of your introduction, and show some personality as you generate interest in your background.
Cover letter formats should:
- Be one page in length.
- Contain the appropriate person's name and title.
- Be written in a positive 'can do' style.
- Clearly show your fit for the job.
- Conclude on a forward-looking, enthusiastic note.
- Be checked and rechecked for accurate grammar, spelling and typing.
- Be well-presented on plain A4 paper.
Cover Letter Examples
Cover letters for resumes, CVs and job applications contain three distinct parts:
- Introduction - Why you are writing.
- Body - What you have to offer.
- Conclusion - How to follow up.