Employee Lifecycle: Outplace
Outplacement is the art of successfully managing change
Approach organisational change
with sensitivity and solutions
Hudson’s Outplacement Solutions provide departing employees with caring and professional support in finding a new position and also assist leaders to effectively manage the change process within the organisation.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Best practice, strategic advice to achieve appropriate staffing solutions via major organisational change
- Sensitive and professional training to prepare line managers to communicate tough messages objectively, drafting corporate communications where required
- Support from experienced Outplacement Consultant(s) onsite on the day of announcement, to oversee the process and plan the departing employee’s next steps
- Personalised programmes that match participant needs to budget
- Excellent feedback and reporting capabilities
FOR REMAINING EMPLOYEES
- Clear understanding of the transition process in order to minimise any negative impact of change and reduce concern for former colleagues
- Provide a forum for individuals to understand change, in order to embrace new directions in alignment with corporate turnaround strategies
FOR DEPARTING EMPLOYEES
- A team of dedicated and experienced career consultants who typically have backgrounds in management, psychology or HR, and have chosen this role as their vocation
- A complete range of comprehensive and practical outplacement programmes, tailored to each individual’s needs, whether it is defining a change in career direction or initiating a job search
HUDSON’S APPROACH TO INDIVIDUAL OUTPLACEMENT PROGRAMME:
PHASE 1 – THE ORIENTATION MEETING
A Hudson Consultant meets with each participant to define his or her needs and explain the elements of the programme, prior to developing an overall strategy.
PHASE 2 – MARKETING, PLANNING, AND STRATEGISING THE JOB SEARCH
The next step is to develop an action plan incorporating networking, executive search and recruitment specialists, as well as monitoring advertised positions. Participants appraise their self-marketing ability, presentation techniques and résumé preparation. They review their interview skills and plan ways to deal with advertisements and intermediaries.
PHASE 3 – IMPLEMENTING JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES
This involves the pursuit of networking opportunities, contacting search and selection consultants, and responding to appropriate advertisements. Ongoing secretarial support and progress meetings are important during this phase. As these efforts begin to bear fruit, the participant is supported in interview preparation and in assessing job offers. The negotiation of salary packages is a key aspect of Hudson’s expertise and advice. Throughout all stages, the participant has full access to outplacement facilities, including offices with computers, phones, facsimile, internet, printing, stationery and word processing resources. Company and industry research support is also provided.
PHASE 4 - SUPPORT
Hudson is committed to supporting our participants through to a successful outcome. Relevant advice regarding new roles or career directions is offered on an ongoing basis, after the programme is completed.
STANDARD PACKAGES OFFERED BY HUDSON